Sunday, August 31, 2014

Overcoming the Challenge of Matwork Pilates

Weekends.Those two days which I consider precious since I started working for a BPO company because not all agents have the benefit of getting weekends as their rest days. Before I was tempted to give an arm and a leg just to have a sense of normalcy in my life and when I felt that it may take a long time for me to have the weekends for myself again, I decided to leave and look for a company who understands its associates' and employees' need to have a life outside of the office.Thank God for weekends! And so I started running on weekends again. Since I still have two Sundays scheduled for my Eats Right Motivational Meet Ups, I hurriedly showered and ate my breakfast after finishing my long run. Good thing I was able to make it at Onelife Studio before our session on Matwork Pilates  started.

At Onelife Sutdio

Despite the few attendees, our instructor, Teacher Ched started right on time for our session. She explained that for that morning, the exercises will be modified since some of us were first timers. However if she sees to it that most of us can comply, then the exercises will progress as well. Personally, I do practice Pilates if I am not too busy which was ages ago. Most of its exercises are challenging and you need to have a lot of focus to achieve them. At first, I was able to follow but when the steps started to become a bit difficult, I was tempted to ask Ginger who was lying near me on why I decided to sign up in the first place. Kidding aside, there were times that we could hear each other's breathing, especially when our bodies are rolled like a ball and our tailbones almost touching the Yoga Mat. (I think that is called Child's Pose).

For almost an hour, our legs, arms, hips and muscles did the talking because it was hard to even talk at all. And when our instructor told us to do the Plank, I thought that I will not be able to do it. Thank goodness for Baby Planks.

Needless to say, we were able to overcome the challenge for our Matwork Pilates. It was not easy but somehow we were able to sweat even a little of those unwanted pounds.

Are we up to the next and final challenge next Sunday? We sure are because for our next meet up, we will be joining a Zumba class which is a great way to start your weekend right. So join us next Sunday for another Motivational Meet Up only at Onelife Studio.










(photo credits to Ginger Arboleda of Manila Fitness)











0 comments:

Post a Comment